How to make the perfect scrambled eggs
NO prep time, cooking time of just 15 minutes!
Ingredients (for 2 servings): 6 eggs, 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (add more if needed), Fines herbes (parsley, chives, tarragon and chervil), finely chopped.
Tools that are essential for the perfection: A heatproof-heat rubber spatula, saucepan(preferably narrow with high sides)
Pro Tip by Nathan Myhrvold from the Modernist Cuisine: ”Change the ratio of yolks to whites! For every two whole eggs you scramble, add one extra yolk and you’ll dramatically improve the color, flavor and texture”
1. Crack the eggs into a cold saucepan. Add small pieces of 2 tablespoons of butter into the pan. Then, set the pan to a medium-high heat and start stirring and breaking the eggs.
2. Stir constantly. Make sure to keep moving! The secret to the perfect scrambled eggs is to cook them evenly. To make sure, move the pan off the heat time to time to prevent one part to cook too fast. Your arm should ache if this is done right, which is totally worth it.
3. After about 10 minutes, you’ll notice that the eggs have hardened yet moist, with kind of like a pudding or curd-like texture. Once the eggs are in small particles still-wet curds, remove the pan from the heat. Mix the rest of the butter and a bit of salt.
4. Taste the eggs and add a bit of salt if needed. Top them up with some herbs and few grinds of black pepper.
5. Voilà! You’ve made the PERFECT scrambled eggs! This heavenly-soft and perfect scrambled eggs are even better with few slices of crunchy and buttered toasts.
Check the video.
recipe from Tasting Table